Saturday, September 22, 2012

Angel C.


Hello strangers, I'm Angel. I'm 18 years old. I reside in Queens, New York and I am currently attending LaGuardia Community College. In my spare time, I devote my attention to sketching, poetry, books, clothing, bikes and even a bit of cooking.

Art plays such a major role in our lives, we breathe it. Our urban society is encrusted in endless forms and interpretations of art. Truth is, one embodies art in the way one functions, we are surrounded by aesthetics & as hard as we try to avoid it, we can't. "The world is but a canvas for our imaginations." I am thrilled to dedicate every brain cell of my mind into this course. Not only do I hope to learn from my instructor but from my peers as well, because art carries on more than one voice. In the future, I plan to enroll in a four year college, to                                                                 study Fine Arts. 



Above is a classic portrait of the Campbell's Soup Can by American Pop Artist, Andy Warhol (1962) What I admire about this ageless piece is the simplicity and modernity that it expresses about pop art. This image became undeniably popular in the New York art scene, because of the lack of charisma portrayed, leaving the audience to decide.

Roy Lichtenstein, Vicki, (1964)

1 comment: